Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Proof that I171H waiting damages your brain

We are adopting from Colombia not Columbia
Although a cute little frat boy might not be a bad way to waste time (just kidding honey!)


Email volley between me and DH regarding the aforementioned Jeep Stroller:

I think your sister meant this
Why because it's $29?
Exactly.
PRICEY........I don't think that was it. This is it. Or this
YES EXACTLY.


Interesting
Colombian
People


A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family in Colombia; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal.

12 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh how embarrassing. Carrie (from Building a Family) deserves a prize, she's the only one who spelled it correctly in the comments. Sheesh... my face is red.

Jill said...

this former english major is equally embarressed!

Anonymous said...

Oh don't be embarrassed! I hope I'm not insulting anyone, I just thought it was funny...I did it myself alot in the beginning too. Who knew?

....but really, have fun adopting from Coreeya and Rusha. (can't screw up USA Margaret).

LOL

Amy Lane said...

Okay... the joke had me snorking diet soda... I was so not prepared... and I teach English and don't know the difference...(well, between the spelling--I think I could spot a college campus from a South American country...)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear your still in the "waiting for I-171H" club. :( I'm keeping everything crossed that it comes soon!

Elle said...

So I rock and I suck for 2 reasons. I rock because I didn't spell colombia wrong. I suck because I never commented on your last post AND I spelled Colombia wrong on my side bar. Fixed that BTW.

Hey, maybe if you leave the mail man cookies he'll bring your 171. Didn't work for me, but it might for you.

Lori Rode said...

Geeze, I didn't think $29 was too expensive for a stroller. Have I mentioned that I don't spend a lotta time hanging out with babies?
And what about British Columbia. That's the Columbia/Colombia closest to me.

Cool post, Stephanie!

Jenny said...

That joke is soo funny!

And I totally probably spelled it wrong!

and HAHAHAHAHAA about the stroller!

Anonymous said...

ha, ha, ha I get it... "If you have seen one you have seen them all..." ha ha Tell to shut up now.

Anonymous said...

Tell me to shut up now was what that was supposed to say, but fell miserably on my face typing it.

Lauri said...

Funny.... we could all use a nice frat boy...

Anonymous said...

Hey, DO NOT forget about Jon Leguizamo. He's Colombian...and HOT! Super-hot. Hot, like the Colombian equitorial sun.

I lurve him.